With a blend of vital amino and fatty acids, electrolytes, and ceramides, Sweet Biome™ Fermented Sake Spray supports and replenishes a healthy microbiome while mimicking the components that keep your acid mantle (aka your skin barrier) strong, soothed, and balanced.
Sweet Biome’s cocktail of fermented sake extract, kombucha, and hops supplies skin with nutrient-dense substances that restore, soothe, and contribute to a balanced and healthy acid mantle and microbiome. Powerful electrolytes—coconut water and sodium PCA—provide potent antioxidant protection and critical hydration while natural minerals zinc, copper, and calcium gluconate help reduce redness and promote healthy collagen production. Ceramides, vitamin F, and essential amino acids keep skin soft, flexible, and moisturized.
Sweet Biome™ Fermented Sake Spray is your anytime balancing and replenishing treatment for a stronger, healthier acid mantle and microbiome. Use it whenever you want to recharge skin with the critical substances necessary to defend against the biome bullies—think pollution, blue light, and UV-generated environmental free radicals and irritants—and help restore hydration and moisture levels. Sweet Biome™ is your anytime refresh: Use it whenever the skin wants a healthy spritzer. Sweet Biome™ Fermented Sake Spray is formulated at an ideal pH of 4.5.
FYI: Sweet Biome™ contains lactic acid, but its function in this formula—due to its pH level—is as a humectant (it helps boost and protect the water content of skin). It has no exfoliation properties.
100% free of essential oils, silicones, and fragrance. Vegan and cruelty-free.
Shake before each use. Mist Sweet Biome™ onto a clean, dry face and follow with your usual daytime or nighttime Drunk Elephant routine. Sweet Biome™ may be used alongside any Drunk Elephant serum, treatment, or moisturizer. Or you can mist on Sweet Biome™ anytime your skin needs a refresher throughout the day. WARNING: Use only as directed. Avoid eye contact. Discontinue use immediately if irritation occurs and consult a physician. Use a sunscreen daily while using this product and for a week after ceasing use. Product’s contact with skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
- Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate: This yeast derived from fermented sake is dense with nutrients (amino acids, antioxidants). It provides a powerful defense against free radical damage, strengthens the skin barrier, and takes down redness.
- Sodium PCA: A powerful electrolyte with potent antioxidant benefits, plant-derived sodium PCA is identical to the form naturally present in skin and plays a vital role in helping maintain hydration levels in skin, improving barrier strength and lipid content, calming redness, and protecting against environmental dehydration.
- Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment: Commonly known as kombucha, this ingredient is loaded with polyphenols and prized for its powerful barrier-restorative and antioxidant benefits.
- Coconut Water: The water-light, cold-pressed portion of the coconut fruit is a rich source of electrolytes and has lightweight moisturizing properties.
- Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract: This herb belonging to the hemp family of plants is used for its antioxidant and skin-soothing properties.
- Zinc Gluconate: The salt mineral of zinc oxide and gluconic acid has anti-redness benefits and powerful antioxidant properties.
- Copper Gluconate: The salt mineral of copper and gluconic acid has potent antioxidant properties and the potential to encourage healthy collagen production as well as defend against its loss.
- Calcium Gluconate: The salt mineral of calcium and gluconic acid is used for its hydration and antioxidant benefits.
- 3-Ceramide Blend: Derived from plant sources, ceramides AP, EOP, and NP are identical to the wax-like moisturizing ceramides that occur naturally in skin. Ceramides help soothe and maintain the moisture balance of skin while protecting against water loss. They help fill in the spaces between skin cells, giving them elasticity, and play a critical role in strengthening the skin barrier.
- Vitamin F: Soothing fatty acids (think linolenic and linoleic) play a vital role in maintaining hydration levels, improving skin texture and suppleness while reducing inflammation and improving acid mantle strength.
- Multi-Amino-Acid Blend: A mix of quick-absorbing amino acids soothes, strengthens, and moisturizes skin.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium PCA, Propanediol, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Fructooligosaccharides, Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Lactic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium Lactate, Magnesium Aspartate, PCA, Alanine, Arginine, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Valine, Aspartic Acid, Calcium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Trehalose, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xylitol, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Tapioca Starch, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Lactate, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Animal Fats/Oils/Musks, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone, Bisphenol A (BPA), Butoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, Chemical Sunscreens, Coal Tar Dyes, -Cones, Detergent, Essential Oils, Ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Hydroquinone, Liquid Petrolatum, Methyl Cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury, Mercury Compounds, Mineral Oil, Oxybenzone, Parabens, Paraffin Oil, Phthalates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEGs), Resorcinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Siloxanes, Sulfates, Thimerosal, Toluene, Triclosan, Triclocarban
Cruelty-Free. Recycle for Earth's Sake. Supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).
The Drunk Elephant Difference
We are committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of our formulations. We never take into account whether something is synthetic or natural, instead choosing ingredients based on biocompatibility. That’s why we focus on healthy pH levels, formulations the skin recognizes, small molecular structure that’s easily absorbed, and effective active ingredients that also support and maintain the skin’s acid mantle. But what we leave out of our products is just as important as what we put into them, so you will never find what we call the Suspicious 6™ (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS) in our line. We believe that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue, and when they’re removed entirely from your routine—that is, when you take a Drunk Break™—skin can reset and return to its healthiest, most balanced state. This ingredient-elimination diet benefits all skin types and inspired the #barewithus🐘 Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies that chronicles the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found not only healthier skin but more importantly, healthier self-confidence. Learn More.